How can we improve StoreFeeder?

Stock value calculated using actual purchase price

Currently Storefeeder appears to calculate stock value by just multiplying the current unit cost (from the preferred supplier) by the stockholding.

eg if I bought 10 widgets at £5 each, sold 8 and later bought 10 widgets at £7 each because the supplier's price went up, Storefeeder would just show the stock value as 12 units x £7 current price = £84. If I sell another, I have 11 units x £7 current price = £77.

We could really do with Storefeeder using FIFO - First in, first out. Under FIFO the stock value would be calculated from the sum of the actual units cost paid for the items when they were purchased, and the first units bought in would be the first units out.

eg in the same example I have 2 remaining widgets bought at £5 and 10 at £7 so the total value of remaining stock is actually £80. If I sell another, I have 11 items with a value of £75.

Continuing the example, the unit cost info passed across to Magento should be £5 until the cheaper stock is exhausted, and then £7 thereafter. (We need this to be passed over as we currently use another tool to report on gross profits...)

Appreciate this is not a five-minute job to implement! However FIFO is recognised as a standard way of handling stock, and the likes of Brightpearl already support FIFO:
https://www.brightpearl.com/support/documentation/accounting-inventory

7 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dave shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminSupport (Admin, StoreFeeder) responded  · 

Hi,

Work for this was completed in our latest release.
    If you go into a product and then go to the additional information tab there are two new fields “Average Cost” and “Last Price” average cost will works like you’ve asked for here, slowly the average get more accurate and closer to the actual average of what you pay for that item.

Thank you,
    The Storefeeder Team

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)